<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 13, 2003

*stretch* 

My, that was fabulous. I haven't done that is so very long I'd almost forgotten what it was like, though I've certainly fantasized about it often. It's amazing how bright and beautiful the world is afterwards, how relaxed and settled and satisfied I feel, as if there is nothing in the universe that could possibly be bad.

I love sleeping in.

(What did you think I was talking about? *wags finger* Shame on you! You lovely dirty minded readers!)

In August I was running around, with no time to call my own. Certainly no time to sleep in. The last couple of weekends I've had days where I had nothing planned except cleaning and laundry. And sleeping in. But for what ever reasons (cats yowling in my ears for food, my own restlessness) I've been fully awake after no more than seven hours of sleep. Which, in my view, is not sleeping in. Especially when, during the week, I average four to five hours a night.

Yes, I know, that's very bad. I just have trouble gettng myself to bed at night, though I can usually fall asleep fine once I get to bed. I've always been a night owl and the last few months that tendency has been very pronounced. Not to mention that my dreams of late have been very, um, exciting, if'n ya get my drift, and I suspect my sleep is not as restful as it could be.

(Though, with those dreams, I can't say say I really mind. Let's just say that a certain young man [who I may have mentioned once or twice or a hundred times in these fair pages] proves to be quite thrilling...

...

...

Wha-? Wh-? Where was I? Oh yeah.

A-hem.)

None of which would be a problem if I didn't have to wake up earlier than I used to in order to catch buses to get to work. Yes, I know, I've got to get that car. I will, I promise.

I got home last night (actually this morning) at nearly 2am, was in bed and alseep by 2:30am and didn't wake up until 11am. Eight and a half hours of nearly non-interrupted sleep. Lovely.

Especially since I have to be at work tomorrow at 9am, so no sleeping in for me tomorrow.

I used to sleep in all the time. I really should do it more often.

***********************************************


And where was I last night until nearly 2am in the morning? I was at a CD release party and gig for The Uptown Rulers at 14 Below. The guitarist used to work at my company and is a very cool guy and I enjoyed the music the one time I'd seen them perform before, so I thought, Hey, why not support these guys?

Their music is heavily funk and hip-hop inspired, with some jazz thrown in there for good measure. If they have to be compared to anyone, they could be compared to The Red Hot Chili Peppers. They are very good and a lot of fun to watch live. They bring out a large audience, all of whom just can't help grooving to the beats (myself included).

I had invited one of my dearest friends, ModelGirl, her hubby (SurferBoy), their friend (SurferBoy#2) and the hubby's cousin (NearProposal). Yeah, that cousin.

NearProposal is leaving for Alabama for three months, to spend time with a young lady he sort of knew in when he lived in Denver and has been corresponding with via e-mail since the beginning of the year. He's looking to see if anything might develop. I hope it works out for them. Because I worry about a young man with a thick Venuzuelan accent spending an extended period in the Deep South. And because he really is a nice guy and derserves a nice girl.

I had invited them as sort of a going away deal for the cousin. Funnily enough, I ended up talking with NearProposal for most of the evening. I tried to find out more about his lady friend. But what did I talk to him about a good portion of the evening? CuteNerdBoy. Yeah, I know, I need help. I think we established that a long time ago. Maybe that was wrong of me, or mean of me. I certainly didn't intend to be mean. NearProposal was already aware of CuteNerdBoy's presence in my life and I guess that I wanted to make sure he didn't think I was leading him on by talking with him for the majority of the evening. I know he's fond of AlabamaGirl (who, apparently, is a big girl like me), but it's obvious he's still attracted to me. It's a fine line to walk.

Still, we all had fun. The three guys, all of whom are musicians, met and exchanged info with other musicians they liked. We saw a really fun band and Ex-CoWorker was happy to see me and to have my friends join us, and I have myself a new CD!

(It doesn't seem to be available for sale on their site yet, but check back - I'm sure they'll have it up. They're really very good.)

I am also very happy I can hold my alcohol, because I'm sure that most people would be more than just a tad tipsy after a gin-and-tonic, two rum-and-cokes and two kamakazes (which were drunk from test tubes). I was a little queasy after my second kamakaze, so I went back to the water I'd been nursing the previous hour and am in great shape today. Especially after dancing the night away.

It's funny, I'm not really a drinker and I don't go out dancing a lot, because I know I'd tire the bar and club scene pretty quickly. But I think because I don't do it often, I always have an incredible time when I do. It doesn't get old for me.

We'll see what happens when I go back to 14 Below on Wednesday for a gig for Sarah's friend.

And I thought September was going to be a socially quiet month for me? Silly girl.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...