<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Reason #537... 

...why I need to work at home instead of in a corporate atmosphere (which is still fairly lax, at least compared to my stint at a bank - besides which, if I worked at home I'd have very little human contact and that's probably not a good thing because then my social skills would plummet and no one wants that to happen and yes, there are 536 other reasons, I just haven't listed them here, but I've gotten them written down somewhere around here and - uh, what was I saying?):

I just took a swig of Dr. Pepper and have a sudden need to, well, oh dear, what's the polite word for it?

Oh yes. Belch. A-hem.

I'm talking a pretty sizable one. But, being the oh-so-ladylike person that I am, I refrain from doing so here at work. Because that would be rude. So I'm forced to let it out in tiny silent belches, after which I habitually say, "Excuse me," causing my co-workers to look at me with even more confused looks than they would normally have when contemplating me. Because they can't hear the belches, you see. Because I'm a complete lady, through and through.

If I were working at home, one fell swoop and I'd be done. Finito.

Damn my lady-like manners.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...