<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 15, 2003

Putting out the word... 

... help Sars find Don.

***********************************************


Christopher objects to ValleySpeak. As a both a graduate of a Valley high school and a current resident of The Valley, I must take issue. I am like, so sure!

***********************************************


I'm on Friendster. Aren't you envious?

It's interesting. I joined at the invite of a friend and promptly wrote up a glowing yet humorous testimonial for him, 'cause I'm just that kind of girl. Then I remembered that FutureFireDancingWriterGirl (FormerlyKnownAsSarah) was on Friendster, so I linked up with her and wrote a glowing yet humorous testimonial for her as well. Because, again, I love my friends and want the world to know how special they are.

I still have no testimonal of my own. *pout* My friends suck.

Ok, no, they really don't. If they did, they wouldn't be my friends. But still, would a simple "Hey, Carol's a great gal!" be too much to ask for? Even though I stated in my profile that I'm "just here to help" and haven't said that I'm looking for someone to date and I really have enough friends to keep me socially busy as it is, though meeting new people is always fun?

Um, wait a minute - what was I saying? Never mind.

(Just wait, tomorrow FFDWG(FKaSarah) will read my 'blog and submit such a testimonial. 'Cause she's a smart-ass. Which is probably why she's my friend. FriendsterFriend would probably do the same thing, because he's a smart-ass too, but he doesn't read my 'blog.)

Personally, I'd love to set FFDWG(FKaSarah) up with a friend of FriendsterFriend. I don't know if they'd hit it off as more than friends, but they're both pretty cool people and I love it when cool people meet.

So, yeah, I've been a Friendster gal since near the end of August. I'm not too sure about it, since some of the folks on there are a little, um, well, frightening to me. I have gotten one message, though. From a guy calling himself Homey in Virginia. His pithy missive?
Hey

Do you practice Tantra?


Okay then.

Sorry, Homey, that is on a totally need-to-know basis. And you? Don't need to know.

(I haven't responded to him yet because anything I write right now will be totally rude and I don't like to be rude. Unless it's really well-deserved.)

At least he wasn't like a guy on a matchmaking site who e-mailed me once, wanting to be my houseboy and to "service [me] anyway [I] want" on the basis of just my profile.

Or the guy from a different matchmaking site who, when I responded to his initial e-mail in a positive fashion, proceeded to e-mail me five or six times in one weekend with his phone number, wanting to get together that day. I was away from my computer all weekend, unaware of his e-mails until Monday morning. I sent him a very nice e-mail saying thanks, but no thanks, and maybe he should be careful about appearing over-eager in the future. Then I blocked him.

Where do these people come from? And why do they think I'd be interested in sex right away?

Okay, the picture I used is a really good one, with a bit of a mischevious, come-hither look. But it's a little blurry, shows absolutely no cleavage and I'm pretty sure it doesn't say, "E-mail me with your phone number and I'll fuck you tonight, big boy."

If that's all I wanted, I'd just go to Club Moxie every weekend in a mini-skirt and have the men ply me with alcohol. I certainly wouldn't spend money (my friend's, who had actually signed me up as a late birthday present back in May) on a matchmaking website or post a profile that specifically said, "Looking for a long term relationship."

I guess some guys think they're just the men to change my mind. Which makes me really glad I've been away from the matchmaking sites for a while. I'm happy I gave it try, for many reasons, but damn fellas, slow down and tuck it back in your pants. Sheesh.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...