<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Put her in the Comfy Chair! 

Sometimes I'm just a lazy-ass bitch.

Well, maybe not the bitch part, so much. I try to keep that to a minimum. But the lazy-ass part? Damn straight, spanky.

I've previously mentioned that, at my job, I sit at a workstation as opposed to a cubicle. I call it a cubicle because I'm an optimistic kind of girl. To be brutally honest, it's a tiny little workstation with one full wall to the right, and two (sort of) half walls, one in front and one in back. Not much privacy. There is a station in front of me, a station behind me, and three to the left of me, with a path approximately three feet wide between my row and the other row, with no walls separating the two rows of workstations.

Bear with me, this actually has something to do with being a lazy-ass bi- uh, person.

So, in the other row, at the front workstation, sits my boss. BossGuy. Probably about five feet away, at the most. We often have questions for one another, or we want to chat about something or other, whether work related or not. Now, most people would, oh, I don't know, stand up and walk to BossGuy's desk. Maybe, if feeling especially tired, said normal people would just speak up a little when asking a quick question requiring a quick response (which is rarer than one might think).

I have been known to do both things. After all, it only makes sense, right? However, I've also been known to call BossGuy. On the phone. To ask really simple questions that require a two, maybe three word, answer.

Why? See opening sentence above.

If it's a simple question I don't see the point in standing, walking five feet, getting two or three word answer, then walking back to my desk and sitting down, especially when I've got this lovely high-backed chair with arms and lumbar support and such things (though my cubicle at Disney was wonderful and roomy and ergonomically correct and all, this chair is so superior to my Disney chair - sorry, Disney). As for the "raising voice" option, I just don't like to raise my voice.

(You, in the corner - shut up. I'm really not that loud. Often.)

So, yeah, I use the phone instead. Because it's easy and I can talk softly and I'm a lazy-ass...something or other.

Then again, I'm not the only one. [looks in BossGuy's direction]



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...