<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 25, 2003

I love cool people... 

Busy, busy work week, but I was able to take some time out last night to attend a screening, with FFDWG(FKaSarah), of Buttleman, starring John Hawkes in the title role. I've been a fan of Mr. Hawkes since FFDWG(FKaSarah) and I saw his band, Gangster Folk, play at the Highland Grounds in February. (I was there to see my friends, Third Door Down, perform and Gangster Folk was up two bands later.) Afterwards I realized that I had seen the lead singer/guitarist somewhere before, did a little internet research, and realized he was George the Janitor in an episode of Buffy. And I'd seen him in X-Files and other shows.

So, yeah, John Hawkes. I was already a fan (he was great in Identity) and watching Buttleman merely cemented my respect for his talent. (He's actually rather hot, too - unfortunately he couldn't make the screening because he was working. Damn.)

But, oddly enough, he wasn't the main reason I went to the screening. Co-starring as his best friend/cameraman was the ever-fantastic stee. Who was great. He had me laughing on screen as often as his journal/'blog have had me laughing. Pamie also had a small role, credited as Flirty Girl, and she was too cute. After the film I said hi to them (FFDWG(FKaSarah) opted to stay at our table) and stee, whom I had met only once before was all, "Hey, Pam, Carol's here! Thank you for coming!" Pamie was her usual funny, pretty, cool self. I told them how much I enjoyed the movie, though the ending left me - and everyone else - hanging, and we chatted for a little while. Yep, still great people with the welcoming smiles and the friendly hugs. Makes me wonder why I was so scared to talk to Pamie in Vegas a couple of years ago. Besides the fact that I'm a big ol' spazoid.

I also chatted with Francis Stokes, the writer/director of Buttleman, for a minute or two, who is also very funny and is working on a new script with stee. I just love cool people.

Tonight I'm going to a book signing for my friend's (USCWriter) new book, so that'll also be, well, cool. The only bummer about tonight - CuteNerdBoy can't make it. *pout* He did want to go, but he's been sick with the flu since he got back into town and he's still not bright-eyed and bushy-tailed enough to be out and about. And I'm dressed all pretty, too! Though USCWriter will be taking photos of the writing group tonight, so the professional yet oh-so-becoming outfit won't be totally wasted.

Still, I miss the fella. I totally understand and I definitely think he needs to get all the rest he needs. And when he's well again we'll get together (he's sick and tired of being sick and tired), so there's that to look forward to. I'll just have to be patient a little longer. *sigh*

***********************************************


BTW, remember me complaining about my friends not writing up testimonials for me on Friendster? I can just eat those words. Not only have FriendsterFriend and FFDWG(FKaSarah) written up testimonials, they've written up incredibly glowing, wonderful testimonials that make me blush. And neither one had read my whining in this 'blog! Amazing!

(FriendsterFriend said I have a "sexy brain". Whee!!! And FFDWG(FKaSarah) called me "vivacious and bodacious". Wow! My friends so do not suck. They are as far from sucking as people can get. I love my friends.)

Now, if I could just get my sexy brain and vivacious and bodacious hands on CuteNerdBoy...

A-hem.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...