<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, September 04, 2003

Geek me, baby, one more time... 

Horror of horrors, I haven't updated since Tuesday! What is this world coming to?

So here it is, my lunch hour, and there's so many things I want to write about, but I'll write about none of them because the subjects I want to write about will take longer than fifteen minutes. And sorry, but that's all the time I'm taking here because I have to take a stroll around the block and get some fresh air. That's the nice thing about working a couple of blocks from the beach - lunchtime strolls are so much cooler and fresher smelling here than in the east Valley. I mean, I miss the old home/work proximity (now more so than ever), but not sweltering when stepping outside or walking down the block? A huge plus in my book.

So I'm working here, editing other people's work, my headphones over one ear as I listen to a mix CD. On the CD are Mexican Radio and The Ghost of Stephen Foster. Because I'm a big geek, I lovelovelove these songs. I'm tapping my feet on the foot rest, practically drumming my toes on the poor piece of plastic. And bobbing my head in time to the music. I'm dangerously close to head-banging, were it not for my seated position and the work in my hands. Lip-synching may have even been involved.

As I'm performing all these gyrations, I realize that I probably look like the biggest geek in the universe, especially considering that my "cubicle" is actually a work station and is visible to anyone who may pass by. I pause for a half a second. I think about the sight I may be presenting to others. Then I think, "Wait a minute, I am one of the biggest geeks in the universe. That's part of my charm!" (Or so I choose to think.)

Head-banging and lip-synching resume. And my place in the universe is assured.

***********************************************


stee is back! Sort of. Yea!

***********************************************


(You have my permission to smack me for paraphrasing Britney Spears. No, I don't know what I was thinking. It's what popped into my scary little head. Yes, I humbly apologize. I present my clothed bum for you to spank. Thank you, may I have another? Wait, no, never mind, got to go walking now.)



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...