<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Could it be? 

Is it true? This thing I've been told?

It's possible, I suppose. Stranger things have been known to happen.

The first time I heard it, it was in a newsgroup post written by an ex. I thought that his eyes must have been playing tricks on him.

The second time I heard it, it was from a guy at a party. He said it was probably the glasses. I thought he was saying such a nice thing because he was trying to get into my pants. (He didn't succeed, by the way.)

Today was the third time I heard it. From the mail room guy at work. A nice, intelligent, but rather odd young fellow who once temped in accounts payable and is less cut out for corporate life than I am. It's rumored that he's the CEO's nephew. I'm pretty sure his eyes are fine and he has no interest in divesting me of my pants. Especially considering how schleppy I looked today (it's laundry time!).

I was standing by the vending machine, choosing my weekly candy bar. He and I spoke a bit about the soda machine, I spoke with someone else about her losing money in the vending machine. Then, as I was gathering up my candy bar (Twix, if that's something you care about - it's different each time), MailGuy turned to me and said, "You know who you remind me of?"

"Nope," I replied, "can't say that I do."

"Janeane Garofalo."

I think I stared at him. There may have been stunned blinking. I know I looked confused. "Really?"

"Yeah. You have a dry sense of humor like her. I like that."

"Thank you." Insert blushing here. "You know, I've heard that before. I really like her, so that's a good person to remind people of."

"Yeah." He smiled and left the kitchen.

It must be the humor, because I don't think I look all that much like her, though I do think she's very pretty. Aside from the glasses, the height, the high forehead, the dark brunette hair (well, mine was dark brunette before yesterday - BTW, it's not quite as bright as I thought it was - whew!), the (I think) brown eyes and the left of center politics, we're not exactly identical twins. Although she's spoken about how she's bigger than the average Hollywood actress, she's still way smaller than me. Though I think I'm quite pretty, on occasion even beautiful (with just the right lighting and make-up - I never said I was modest), I think she's prettier. Definitely cuter. And way funnier and hipper and cooler than I'll ever be. Which I have no problem with. I've accepted and am quite comfortable with my level of hipness and coolness, or occasional lack thereof. I know I'm a pretty funny person too.

Shut up! I am funny! I am so! It's all in the facial expressions. So there!

[under breath] Big doodiehead.[/under breath]

A-hem.

Janeane Garofalo. I like that.

Cool.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...