<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Too cool... 

I've got to find a way to go to Griffith Park to see this at nearly 3am tomorrow morning. It so appeals to the tiny little space geek running around inside of me.

Last year I got myself up, threw on a trenchcoat over my flannel pajamas, pulled on my sneakers and drove as far up the road to the Griffith Observatory as I could to watch the Leonids. I felt a little strange and a little scared, going by myself at 2am on a dark road up in the hills, but with all the other cars parked on the road, their headlights off and their occupants camping out in chairs or on their car hoods, I ended up feeling perfectly safe.

As I lay on the hood of my car on a cold November morning, gloves covering my chilled hands, trusty buckwheat travel pillow supporting my bad neck, I was glad I took the time in the midst of familial tumult to watch the meteor shower. It was breathtaking.

G-d, how I love space.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...