<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, August 31, 2003

*slow burn* 

The new computer is just kicking my ass. I have no idea why I thought it would be a simple matter of plug it in, load it up and go. So I've got the old one set up again so that I can connect to the internet and e-mail CuteNerdBoy, begging for even more help than I thought I'd need. I'll make dinner! I'll bake cookies! I'll knit sweaters and darn socks and have sex and even organize his prodigious book and music collection in my endearingly anal manner!

(I kid you not, my books and CDs are organized with a system that is very anal and very much my own. It possesses a warped logic all its own.)

I got the keyboard (but at CompUSA, which is where I was actually planning on going, not Circuit City - I don't know what I was thinking). Okay, I also bought CD-RWs so that I can make mix CDs (thanks to CuteNerdBoy's inspiration) and a tiny little vacuum to clean out the printer and a few other things. At first all the stuff I got was rung up at over $100, which made me choke, so I asked them to take off a bunch of stuff, which brought it down to a respectable $54 or so. And the $100+ worth of stuff? Wasn't even close to everything I was picking up and drooling over. It's a combination of being able to buy something in nearly any store I step into (I think a gun store is the only place I couldn't buy something - but that's 'cause I'd run away screaming first) and the fact I do have a latent computer geek residing in me who just doesn't have the knowledge to completely geek out the way she'd like. There was a little photo scanner that was on sale and some astrology/tarot software and a DVD player/speaker system and a regular scanner that was only $50 and ooh, look at those pretty pretty printers and this CD labelling kit is only $19 and...

Wait, just a few minutes ago I was ready to do all sorts of unspeakable things to anything technologically related and now I'm fondly remembering computer stuff that I dearly wanted to buy and setup? Clearly I have a problem.

But once CuteNerdBoy and I get that other computer going, I am going to be so so happy! Because I just noticed something - the CD-ROM in the new computer is also a DVD-ROM! Yea! I don't know if the current video card will be able to handle DVDs, but I can get a new one, right? It shouldn't be that expensive at Frys. I think. And I just may need CuteNerdBoy's help with that too. *flutters eyelashes* No, I don't have something in my eye! It's supposed to be - Oh, never mind.

***********************************************


FYI, Green Day covering The Rainbow Connection? Should be one of the most fucked-up things ever. Not only does it work, but it's incredibly fun (and more than a little psychotic, I think). I'm not sure where CuteNerdBoy found it, since I couldn't seem to find it on Green Day's site (which maybe more because I'm tired than anyhing else). But big ol' props to him for including it on the latest copy of the mix CD he gave me. And there are a lot of other songs on that CD that I'm in love with. Good, good stuff.

Now if y'all will excuse me, time to stare at pretty pretty pictures on the TV.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...