<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 29, 2003

People are cool... 

As y'all know by now, I adore Pamie. I'm not alone in this, she's a very adorable and funny woman, not to mention a pretty, pretty princess. She's proved her coolness many times over, most recently when she not only posted my book donation e-mail, linked to this humble 'blog and linked to BookCrossing, but she also linked to my entry in which I praised her book up and down and sideways. And as a result, generated like a billion hits for me. (Okay, maybe it was closer to a hundred. But for lil' ol' me, that is a billion!)

So, last night, because I'm Support-O-Gal, I went to Pamie's book signing in Torrance. She read a couple of excerpts from Why Girls Are Weird, opened a question and answer section where the only person asking any questions was the Borders employee, and signed books for the few of us that showed up. It was fun, but very fast. She spoke to each of us individually, spending about five minutes (at first) with each of us. And she remembered me (inscribing "You Hit Slut" amongst the thanks - I shall cherish it always). I bought another book so that I could release it into the wild and, following CuteNerdBoy's suggestion, asked that she sign that as well, which she did. Meanwhile someone nearby was taking pictures of us, Pamie looking all pretty and smiley, unlike tired, bus-logged me with no jewelry, no make-up (I was a little rushed yesterday and forgot to put some on) and my still-slightly-damp hair up in a messy French twist. I really have to prepare better next time.

I stepped aside to let the next person have his moment and spied stee as I was leaving (okay, okay, so I was looking for him a little). I admit that I didn't even know that Pamie and stee were together until last week (I'm slow on the uptake sometimes). So I pulled out my figurative cajones, walked up to him and introduced myself. After a minute he remembered me from my occasional e-mails back when he updated his journal and we ended up talking for about ten or fifteen minutes, about our stints at Disney and the neighborhood where I live (in which he used to live) and messy cars and writing and various other subjects. I was pretty sure I jabbered about a few things that I didn't really need to jabber about, to both him and Pamie, but neither looked too freaked out. After a few minutes stee left to check on Pamie, who was talking to the other attendees, but not before telling me to keep them updated on what happens in the future. Just another very cool person.

For a while there, despite the fact that both Pamie and I are straight women, she's involved with stee, I'm hanging out with a cool guy with whom I am in smit (that's smit, not smut, you dirty, dirty people - which is why I love you so) and she's got like a billion fans, of which I'm only one, I thought I wanted to marry her and have her babies. Now? I want to marry both her and stee and have their babies.

(Then again, I also said the same thing about a big wall in my brother's old apartment when it was very kind to me by not being a pain in the ass to de-wallpaper, unlike a smaller wall I worked on previously. But when I was nearly done it decided to give me trouble, so I declared it to be a fickle wall and I broke up with it. I still have fond memories of that wall...

What?! Where?! Um, never mind, where was I? Oh yeah.)

Anyway. Pamie. stee. Funny people that well and truly rock. Buy Pamie's book so that she can get another book deal and make lots of money and never have to worry her talented, pretty princess head about sink pasta ever again.

That is all.

***********************************************


I never really paid much attention to Joe Bob Briggs in the past, knowing him only as the one time host of bad movies on Showtime. But I stumbled on his website today and read his take on the Ten Commandments monument fiasco in Alabama.

Oh yeah, Joe Bob. You know what Mama Carol likes, doncha baby?



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...