<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, August 28, 2003

The fair (yet tough) maiden and the nasty orge... 

A member of my writing group has a book coming out in September and, as a result, has been interviewed by a number of newspapers and magazines to generate publicity. Today she faces her (thus far) most high-profile, yet most scary, "interviewer": Bill O'Reilly. (I dislike him so much I'm not even going to link him.) Since her measured argument concerning the culpability of pop culture's influence on children goes against the type of vitriolic nonsense O'Reilly likes to spew, it's pretty certain that he's not really going to be interested in what she has to say and will try to bully and fluster her.

I know she'll do well. She's a sweet woman, but she's also pretty tough and she knows her stuff. But I'm asking for everyone to wish her luck (or think good thoughts or put out good vibes - however you phrase it). I'm sure that every little bit will help.

***********************************************


We live in such a visually saturated, MTV-type society today it's actually pretty funny. A little while ago I decided to go for a little walk around my neighborhood (I'm taking today off to get some stuff done). CD player in its case slung over my shoulder, up-tempo songs playing over my headphones, I took off at a brisk pace, lip-synching to the tunes, not caring what the passing drivers thought of me. Suddenly I had this vision of me in a music video, walking down the street as I was then, singing and moving to the music and making sexily playful faces for the camera. It's not the first time thoughts like that have crossed my mind. I seriously doubt it'll be the last.

I doubt I'm the only person who imagines herself in a video when listening to music these days. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure such thoughts rarely ran through people's minds, say, thirty or forty years ago.

Too funny.
***********************************************


BTW, I never did get to Griffith Park to see Mars' closest proximity to Earth in nearly 60,000 years. But I do look up in the southeastern sky every night and see its steady glow, knowing that history is in the making.

Maybe I'll check it out next time it stops by.

*thinks hard, calculating age in 2287*

Or maybe not.



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...