<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 07, 2003

Musical interlude... 

I held you close to me
Once in a distant dream
Far from the shores of my fear
I sailed on this ocean
Where all I imagined could happen
And now you are here
It's so hard to touch what is out of our hands
To know and to trust what the heart understands

CHORUS
Only the ones who believe
Ever see what they dream
Ever dream what comes true

Life gives us magic
And life brings us tragedy
Everyone suffers some loss
Still we have faith in it
Childlike hope
There's a reason that outweighs the cost

And gravity throws all these rules in our way
And sometimes the spirit refuses to play

[CHORUS]

Oh Love
Turn me around in your arms
And in this dream we share
Let us not miss one kiss

And add my regrets to the tears in the rain
That's what the color of roses contain

[CHORUS]

The Color of Roses - Beth Nielsen Chapman (from Sand and Water)

I've completely and irrevocably fallen in love with that song over the last week. It breaks my heart and fills me with joy and wonder each and every time I listen to it. Here are the artist's thoughts about it (from Beth Nielsen Chapman Online):
“The Color Of Roses was written with Matt Rollings; it was very subliminal in terms of the way the lyric presented itself. The vowels seemed to have been lined up in place on the early work tapes where I tend to just sing nonsense syllables prior to having lyrics. I noticed this after the lyric was finished and happened to hear an old work tape from months before. I love what this song says. That to believe is to manifest, and that in spite of all we must grieve, there is incredible hope and beauty in life.”

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...