<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 28, 2003

Farewell... 

Bob Hope has died. Like many Americans of my generation, as well as other generations, I grew up watching his films on TV, loving every one of them. Not surprisingly, Casanova's Big Night was my favorites (what with the Basil Rathbone factor and all), but I also fondly remember The Seven Little Foys and The Princess and the Pirate.

I was fortunate enough to spy him once upon a time, a number of years ago, on his way to a local coffee shop. He was in the company of a gentleman I could only assume was his assistant. Mr. Hope was looking elsewhere, so he didn't see my smile and nod, but his assistant did and returned my silent greeting with one of his own. Even for that split second I was in awe of Bob Hope's presence.

I doubt I'm the first to say this, and I know I won't be the last:

Thanks for the memories, Mr. Hope. Thank you so very much.





Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...