<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, June 27, 2003

Wait, do we collect Free Parking or not? 

Such a weekend I have in front of me!

Tonight is my writing group's second Game Night, an event that is promising to become recurring. Basically it's just a bunch of people, most of them strangers, getting together at a bakery and playing board games for three hours. Sounds a bit strange and geeky and, well, it is, but it is also tons of fun. Last time I was a bit nervous because the majority of the participants came from LAPC, most of whom I'd never met before, and as a brand spanking new LAPC Event Coordinator I was plenty nervous. Luckily most of the LAPC folks showed up and later told me they had a blast, asking to be informed of the next game night. I even had people who wanted to come but had previous conflicts express a desire for us to have another game night, so I considered it to be a great success. All told there were approximately 35 people that rolled dice or played checkers or chess or just basically kibitzed at May's event, a nice mixture of LAPC folks and friends/family of the organizers.

Tonight 32 people have signed up through LAPC, plus maybe another ten or so friends/family members. I'm just hoping that 1) there will be enough room for everyone and 2) people will have as much fun tonight as they did before. I've already promised one man a rousing round of Milles Bornes, so I've got to keep that promise. Luckily the bakery also serves sandwiches and drinks, so for those who haven't had time to eat before they arrive, well, they have that to look forward to.

Then tomorrow I'm going to San Diego to play make-up person to a friend who has a bathing suit photo shoot on a yacht and the rest of the weekend will be spent cleaning so that I'm not embarassed when, on Sunday evening, I will be going out for dinner and the DGA screening of The Hulk with a friend with whom I've recently reconnected (he of the Jill Sobule lyrics). Since he's going to pick me up, the chances are pretty good that he'll see my apartment for a short time and no one should be subjected to my apartment before it's cleaned. That's just cruel and inhuman punishment. It may even be against the Geneva Convention.

I can't wait for the weekend to start!



Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...