<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, November 03, 2003

NaNoWriMo... 

No, I haven't lost my mind and started writing gibberish. Though I'm sure that some of my entries have certainly come close.

This weekend I signed up for National Novel Writing Month (or NaNoWriMo for short). It's all about writing something every day, in hopes of completing a novel in one month. The novel doesn't have to be good, it just has to be written. The goal is approximately 50,000 words by November 30.

Yeah, I know.

It's not going to be easy, and I don't know, realistically, if I can do it, but it would be great practice. And it would get an idea I've had for a long time finally on paper. I've sort of plotted it, with a vague outline in my head, but I've never really commited it to paper. And if I want to take it further than NaNoWriMo I'll probably have to make some changes to make it more current (I'm woefully uninformed about the latest status symbols, which is something that's actually kind of important to the story). But I think it could be good.

Hopefully it'll be kind of funny, too, because it is meant to be a take-off of Danielle Steele-type novels. The working title is Stale Steele. It is just a working title. I had to come up with something for registration and that's what came to mind.

Anyway, I've decided to open it up for y'all to read. Kind of a look into a work in progress, to see all the wonderful mis-steps I'll probably take. Once I get the site up and running (I'm having trouble accessing the edit screens through Blogger for some reason), I'll post the permanent link up here. For now, y'all can see the first two days of work here - click on the November 1st link for the first installment. And feel free to write me via my guestbook or e-mail address here if you have any comments. I hope to have another guestbook and e-mail set up on that page soon.

Enjoy my feeble attempts at novel writing!




Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours? www.blogwise.com Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com Listed on BlogShares Free Image Hosting at ImageShack.us

Registered!
Listed on LABlogs.com

Carol/Female/36-40. Lives in United States/California/Los Angeles/San Fernando Valley, speaks English. Spends 40% of daytime online. Uses a Normal (56k) connection.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, California, Los Angeles, San Fernando Valley, English, Carol, Female, 36-40.

Google
WWW all the fun of the fair...